for today.

I'm smack in the middle of having too much fun, for today.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Three months in the making... this better be good

Sometimes people are too smart for their own good. Let's say a certain someone took a certain entry-level position at a certain company to get their foot in the door. Now, they've done their time, even trained on the subject at hand, you think they're supposed to 'move ahead' right? Charles Barkley said it best "ha-ha-ha bless your soul, you think you're in control?" Hah. Fitting.

I'm being considered for a promotion... woohoo! Not so much. I've waited three whole months for it all to go down - and it hasn't yet. I'm tired of playing the waiting game, but this position is something that could get me into everywhere I want to be in my life. This company has a record of taking forever to make decisions though. I have had several meetings with the powers that be, and from every aspect have essentially been performing the job already... on top of my other responsibilities. I'm too smart for the position I currently hold. I'm too ambitious and motivated to do the mundane tasks I'm mostly responsible for. I want something new, something challenging... I want that job!

I have a meeting with this certain someone for lunch tomorrow and I'm quite nervous about it. He could tell me that the job's all mine and I start ASAP, or he could just tell me that they're "going down a different path, but hang on for the future!" I'd cry. I'm sure i'll be okay though. It always works itself out. I mean, if I can deal with a crooked toe, I can deal with rejection of a promotion... or can I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home